NBYC COVID-19 Safety Plan
Organization name: North Bay Yacht Club
Date completed: April 22 2021
Date distributed: April 23 2021
Revision date: April 23 2021
Developed by: NBYC Executive
The Executive of NBYC regularly monitors press releases from the Government of Ontario and the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit in an effort to stay abreast of the ever changing Covid 19 situation and regulations. We also monitor regulations found in E-Laws for information applicable to our organization as well as other Covid 19 information available on the Government of Ontario website.
A review of all Covid 19 protocols currently in place has been conducted and any changes necessary to comply with Schedule 2, Section 37 of the Re-opening Ontario Act (Reg. 80/20) was completed on April 22 2021.
The following signage will be posted at entrances to lower and upper parking lots:
· “Passive Screening” sign
· “Stop! Wear masks, Use hand sanitizer and Keep a physical distance” sign.
· "Do Not Enter if you have the following symptoms” sign
· Members must sign in and out of the yard and complete a self assessment at sign in
COVID-19 Screening and Contact Tracing
Complete the North Bay Yacht Club Membership COVID Tracking Form immediately at sign in each day upon arrival. Sign out when you leave.
Current Covid 19 Protocols while at NBYC Property
· Open only for washrooms, first aid, and emergency telephone access.
· Masks are required indoors
· Only one person at a time is allowed inside. Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry.
· Observe the washroom use and sanitation protocols posted just inside the door, paying close attention to hand washing and surface sanitizing.
· is restricted to boat owners and members of their household, limit two persons per boat.
· If you bring a contractor on site to work on your boat, they must sign in and obey all the NBYC Covid 19 Protocols.
· access to the boat yard is permitted only for the purposes of completing essential repairs/servicing work on your boat prior to launch (avoid mingling with other boats, maintain physical distancing, wear masks at all times unless you are on your boat)
· communal spaces (picnic tables and benches) are off limits.
· Currently boats are not allowed to be launched. Members will be notified when any change to this rule is made.
· At this time, Launch is still scheduled for June 4th.
· All posted COVID-19 protocols are subject to change, so members are asked to check email daily for updates and before going to NBYC property.
Suspected Exposure to Covid 19
The sign in book contains the North Bay Yacht Club Membership COVID Tracking Form
. When a member dates and signs the form, they are registered as being on site that day. This will help facilitate Contact Tracing if required by the Health Unit.
If a member develops symptoms related to Covid 19, they must not come on site, and are encouraged to seek a Covid 19 test.
What you can do to help.
Feedback from members is an important part of keeping the Safety Protocols we have established regarding Covid 19 and use of the club property current.
Members are encouraged to offer suggestions or highlight any deficiencies they note that might affect safety.
How we plan to keep on top of the ever changing situation.
A weekly (or more often if deemed necessary) meeting of the executive by electronic means will assess any required changes to protocols currently in place.
Updates will be provided to members both directly by email, on the clubs website and Facebook pages, and by the updating of any protocol or other safety placards posted on site.